For many pregnant women, insomnia during pregnancy is a very common phenomenon in the early months of childbearing. However, if this issue lasts for a long time, it can have adverse effects on mother’s own health as well as on the fetus. Therefore, mothers need to know the causes of insomnia when pregnancy so that they would have effective solutions to overcome the trouble.
The following article will cover insomnia in 3 stages of pregnancy process and remedies including the use of herbs, and habits change, the shaped maternity pillow and so on.
Stage 1 (first three months)
The main cause
– Morning sickness: Most pregnant women in the second month are faced with morning sickness. You will often experience very uncomfortable nausea, and it is a direct cause of sleep disturbance during this early stage of pregnancy.
– Worries: In the first stage of childbearing, the mothers face a lot of changes in the body resulting in uncontrolled fatigue, especially for first-time moms.
To overcome the habitual sleeplessness as a result of morning sickness, you should find out what kind of nausea to find the appropriate treatment. If you regularly feel tired and morning sickness, you should use herbal teas such as ginger tea, mint tea as a daily drink.
Besides that, you should also spend time learning about the knowledge of pregnancy so that there is no sense of panic anxiety about the childbearing as well as giving birth. Ideally, the pregnant women should create a comfortable lifestyle to limit and get over insomnia.
Stage 2 (from 4 to 6 months)
– Back and leg pain: The back and legs of moms are increasingly suffering from the weight of the baby, causing discomfort to you. Many pregnant women in this period also have frequent nighttime cramps. The reason is due to the increasing in weight of the fetal or the shortage of calcium and potassium as well.
– Urinary incontinence: Your kidneys work from 130% to 150% during pregnancy, which results in a dramatic increase in urea. In addition, the uterus is enlarged day by day and squeezed into the bladder. Of course, the problem above will make you uncomfortable and have to urinate quite often. Therefore, this is also one of the major causes of your sleep disruption.
In case you get frequent aches and pains and cramps, you need to move more during the day as well as do exercise lightly in the morning. At the same time, you should also ask your husband before going to bed to massage the feet with the aim to relax and reduce tiredness.
Moreover, if you suffer from frequent sleepless during the night, it is better to reduce the amount of water that comes into your body before bedtime. In particular, the beverages such as coffee, tea, chocolate should be limited or only used in the morning.3
Stage 3 (last three months)
– Sleeping posture: At this stage, the biggest cause of insomnia in pregnant women is due to uncomfortable sleeping positions. Since the 7th month, the fetus has grown quite large, and the moms will have difficulties in choosing the right position.
At the third stage, the pregnant women need to find the best positions to get the most comfortable feeling whenever lying. The experts recommend that you should use a lot of pillows to support around the belly and back when sleeping. You can also buy special pillows for each stage of pregnancy: a wedge-shaped pillow (the special pillow designed for the belly on the side) or a long pillow that is at least 1.5 meters in length, which designed to support back and abdomen of moms.
Please search on the Internet for more information.